Working on extremely basic procedurally generated levels, and, afterward, I’ll work on generating content using GPT and Dall-E. To be honest, I will probably make some basic UI elements before that, but I’m hoping that will be straightforward. It never is, but I can dream, right?
Needs floors, ceilings, and textures, but you can look around
Sorry to break the internet, but here you go!
Another ChatGPT app coming your way! Is the market saturated yet? I’m sure it will be before I finish this.
I broke it
I’m using a new procedural roads system and it’s not cooperating. I’ve also hit a massive lack of motivation/discipline which conveniently coincided with the fam’s first vacation in about two years. My deadline for release is still EOY but I couldn’t see any way past doing this. There are several issues now:
I was able to cram two passengers into the Nomo car, but they don’t look “natural” quite yet. I had to change the car colliders as well which explains the overturned car in the background that’s slowing sinking into the asphalt. Next thing will be to tie into the passenger colliders to know if they’ve been injured.
New And Improved Town Square
Adding a weather system means the game can ship with more levels/puzzles, so that’s what I’m working on now. The clouds scroll and their density can be adjusted. Rain might get weird considering how it changes the visuals (I’m hoping I can just increase some specular to.. everything?)
Got URP With Post Processing Working
I had to practically start over, but I think switching the project over to use the Universal Rending Pipeline was worth it. I also made some changes to better mimic the layout of MCity. Here’s what’s new:
“Tunnel” for testing sensor outages
Section of Road With Trees
Improved Intersections With Better Traffic Light Models
Roundabout With TestTown Sculpture
I realized that these extra sections mean I can easily increase the level count. Thanks for reading!
Here’s my first try at implementing damage to the car. It’s working for the body mesh but not the bumper because I still need to combine the sub-meshes. This was just a test to see if the Impact Deformable Component could work in my project. Now I need to add some sort of smoke/sparks effect and disable/hinder the car once it takes enough damage.
Also, I’m switching to Unity’s universal rendering pipeline for improved visuals. I was using the built-in renderer which supposedly does not have the features that the new pipelines do. The first thing I’m attempting to implement with it is some basic anti-aliasing but I haven’t figured that out yet. Thanks for reading!